Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Monday – 28/12/09



I hope everyone had a great festive season! Mine was quite eventful, spending a lot of time with the family and travelling huge distances in a very short space of time. So, the weekly wrap up of all things smile worthy and weekday improving!



Finding new blogs – the last week, I've spend hours and hours pouring over many blogs that I've stumbled upon, and I've found some that I just love, and can no longer live without. First is Apartment Therapy, who at the moment are doing their Best of 2009 series. Beautiful photos, great posts, and a treasure trove of ideas for small spaces! I found them through a link that Gala Darling @ iCiNG posted on Twitter earlier this week. I've also discovered Mermaid in a Manhole, who writes wonderful pieces, and gives fantastic anonymous advice to her readers. Last for this week is Figleaf's Real Adult Sex, a serious guy talking seriously about sex and sexuality. Thanks to Filament Magazine for posting a link to his blog via twitter!



My New iPod – The family bought me an iPod Nano for Christmas. I've never had an iPod before, they've always been other brands, so it took some getting used to, but it's got great sound quality, decent storage space, and doesn't weigh a ton, unlike my old 20GB Toshiba one! I haven't sorted out any playlists yet, so current circulation is a random selection of 8gb of the 19.5GB of music I apparently have on my computer.



Making Plans and Resolutions – Yes, New Year's is almost upon us, and I'm loving making plans! First is the fact that I'm going to New Years on the Waterfront in Geelong, courtesy of The Muso (<3)!!! First time in a long time I've looked forward to NYE. Add to that planning out the direction of my blog, planning how to set up a house which I have yet to find, resolving to write more in the New Year, and also to make the most positive energy filled 2010 possible! There's also the plans for hanging out with my Mum while she's on Long Service Leave, which I'm really looking forward to!


Avatar – There are so many good movies around at the moment, and I'm so glad that the one I chose to go see at the cinema was Avatar. It was amazing. Seriously, go see it. So far, everyone has only really commented on the amazing graphics (and they ARE stunning, really, the computer generated stuff looked as though it had been filmed!), but I was also a fan of the story, and the fact that it is a fantastic critique of our society, our treatment of the environment, corporate greed, and the folly of war. If you watched the news a lot during the 'War on Terror', you may recognise some of the terms and speeches used by the characters. It's at times disturbing, at others touching, and has a fair dose of action, something for everyone!


Honourable mentions – electric oil burners, prezzies wrapped in brown paper, anticipation of sleep-ins and hugs, ragdoll kittens, Revolver (the movie, not the gun), passionfruit crème brulee, anticipation of heavy traffic in Lorne disappearing at some point, hot flight attendants, catching up with the guys in the bar over a few cheeky bevvys, shopping with my mum, Christmas feasts, warm weather, post-surfing muscle soreness, having newbies take my NYE shift so I can party with my muso!



So folks, how was your Christmas/Yule/Litha/weekend? Have you got any favourite blogs you'd like to share, or plans for NYE? What is making you smile this Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment