Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Monday – 25/01/10


I was reflecting earlier today that I cannot remember the last time I suffered a serious bout of Mondayitus. In fact, my number of depressed, blah, can't be stuffed days have decreased dramatically in general. Huzzah! This has been thanks to a lot of time invested in some self assessment and self improvement, including a totally new outlook on life, a process that has been ongoing for the last 2 years. Interested in reducing those dnasty days, but don't want to spend two years doing it? The first entry for this weeks Happy Monday round up might be for you then!



Make Your Life Amazing – Megan at Charadestyle.com has been running a series this month, called "31 Days to Make Your Life Amazing", or MYLA for short, and it's now on the home stretch. I've been reading Megan's blog for quite a while now, and love her inspirational writing and her sense of style. The MYLA series encourages readers to take a good look at themselves, their lives, and encourages you to be the best you possible, the "illustrator of your own existence"! Each day she has been posting a piece that outlines the idea or thrust of the day, a three point summary for direction, and a piece of homework. The exercises are great, the concept is well thought out, and the whole is beautifully executed. MYLA has been great for me, helping me focus on my goals, where I want to be, and who I want to be, and from the looks of the comments, I'm not alone, so please, head over to Charade, and give it a read. If it doesn't help Make Your Life Amazing, I will eat my hat.



Buying New Furniture – Mum and I went furniture shopping for the new digs the other day. We were only supposed to be looking for a bed/day bed/comfy sofa for the spare bedroom, and ended up finding not only the perfect day bed from Bev Marks (I can't find a photo, will post one ASAP!), but also a cute small dining table for the kitchen/living area. I fell in love with a round one (Mustang by the same company), but it would have been impractical, as you can't push a circle table up against the wall when you're not using it. Last Monday I also bought a couple of deer wall decals from Typo, and picked up my amazing new sheets. This, combined with organising to get the power/gas connected (on a green plan of course) makes it feel like moving in is soooo close. Wednesday next week, the keys are in my hot little hands, and I can start taking more photos, and decorating, and unpacking, and blogging the goodness of having my own lair! Are you excited? I'm excited.



Loving My Job – I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I am insanely blessed to have my current job. I've had a bit of a rough week from a personal/family prospective, but everyone at work did everything in their power to help me through, and even covered one of my shifts when I had to go meet up with my Mum. Add to that awesome hours, great workmates, and a good environment, right next to the beach, with school holidays coming to a close and conference season about to start, and I don't really want to go back to uni come March! If you're in Lorne, drop in to say hi, and I'll whip you up a latte or a toblerone!



Upmarket – This new shop in Lorne is amazing! It's got a great mix of vintage clothes (including re-works), second-hand random goodies, gorgeous new designer frocks, local artwork, coffee, a huge selection of wall decals (on my shopping list!)



Honourable mentions – Discovering toeless pantyhose (!), writing at Cocco Lounge in Geelong, having more than 1 pair of heels in my room, being allowed to wear black jeans to work, Barry Hall leaving a goodly sized tip even after a stuffed wine order, my brother not becoming the latest case study for this year's forensics students, having my first official follower, arranging furniture in my head, making a good pina colada/toblerone, watching kids watching their parents throwing a tantrum, getting to see the family, the prospect of public holiday pay rates, black nail polish.



Well darlings, I need to go pull my clothes out of the wash, but what is keeping you smiling this week?
Have a wonderful Australia Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment